You're a Friend for a Lifetime! Will You be my Bridesmaid Peppy?

Hey pretty girl,

Everybody needs a Peppy in their life, I'm glad you're in mine, and oh so miraculously. I guess you never knew how we became friends. I'll tell you.

One day, a certain medical doctor visited me at the TV Station where I worked in Enugu state. At the end of his visit, he recommended you. He said 'Olivia, you'd really like Peppy, you guys are so alike and have similar interests, and you post about nearly the same stuff on Facebook, I wonder how you were never friends all these years'. He was so sure we'd hit it off and it's been a few years since his visit and he has never been more right about anything. Your friendship is golden.

It took a mutual friend to wake me up to what had been right before me for ten whole years. We went to Federal Government College Enugu for 6 years, we were too distracted to notice each other. Then destiny tried her match making skills on us for 4 years in the University of Nigeria, and we totally ignored her.

It meant a lot to me when we had that conversation after my engagement and you told me Ray is a great guy. I just don't know how you managed to know him in the University and I missed you both.

We've lost so much quality time, my dear Peppy. But it's better late than never, because you, my friend, are not a friend for a season, you're for a lifetime.

There's just so much we have in common that it must be fate. We are both Chi-di-mma. (Notice the double M).

And it's certainly not a coincidence that you share the same birthday as my Ray of Love. It makes perfect sense when you consider that some of the things that drew me to him are the same things that continue to draw me to you. Vision. Character. Loyalty. Industry. Love.

I love you Peppy. Thank you for all you are to me. An ear to listen, a wisdom to draw from, a counsel to invest, and an everlasting playmate. You have recommended me for some of the best events in my life, from President Obama's Young African Leaders Initiative to this recent One Million Challenge.

Happy girls are the prettiest. And you are the fairest of them all.

You're such a refreshing spirit, boldly haunting me all over social media asking me to propose to you. That has been the best show of friendship and it warms my heart to know you are so confident of and take our friendship just as seriously as I do. And it's perfect that you're in New York today, get my wedding present on your way back or I'll haunt you till we're old and grey!

Someday, you'll be President of this great nation and what honor to have Madame President stand with me as I walk down the aisle, a blushing bride and her fateful friend.

Will you be my bridesmaid Peppy?

Please say Yes!


#RayLivia #2017RaysofLove #McOliviasGirls #McOliviaEvents #AuthorRay #BecomingMrsRay #November2Remember

Special thanks to Studio Bok for my awesome bridesmaids proposal design. Follow on Instagram @studio_bok. They would literally bring your imagination to life with their perfect designs.

This is my personal wedding series 'Becoming Mrs Ray', a Nigerian Girl's Journey from Yes to I do'.  Please feel free to comment and give welcome suggestions. I don't bite but be polite. This series is hosted on my Event Management blog, www.mcoliviaevents.blogpost.com . Subscribe. Comment. Share. Thank You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)