Be my Bridesmaid Nwii. Got my One Chance at Happy-ever-after & I'm taking it.

Nwii of life,

You're an exceptional friend. With you, I realize how true it is that we must never judge a book by its covers. And I wonder whose idea it was to make first impressions so important. Girl, I would have missed out on so much if God didn't step in to open our eyes when he did.

Looking back, I can't believe we spent an entire year as next door neighbors in the University of Nigeria and never got beyond fellowships mates. Sigh. I nearly missed you, but thank God nearly doesn't kill a bird.

This past one year, I've enjoyed your sarcasm and wit, and your friendly snooping that uncovers the best gists. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ It is that relentlessly inquisitive nature of yours that has pulled me out of the dark time and again.

You fascinate me Chinwe, how you are always so graciously quick mouthed on social media but appear to be quiet in person. I've never been able to figure it out. And I hope I never do. Because I want to be perpetually in awe of you.

I've come to look forward to our sleep overs, those nights when you just grill me about every single thing. And wasn't it from such a good gang adventure that Ray whisked me away to propose. I still remember your disappointment when I told you I just got engaged and couldn't meet up that afternoon for our beach hang out. Girl, it took you forever to realize I said I was engaged. As in, I'm getting married.

I know how concerned you were in the beginning, wondering if I was quite sure about this man I'd only just met. Until you met him yourself and declared he is the goodness of God. I'm grateful for your prayers and for checking in with me about not just wedding plans but my general well being.
Baby girl, I got my one chance at happy-ever-after and I'm taking it. No looking back, no second thoughts. And I would love you with me on that day. You can write about it, pray about it, even go crazy at the bridal shower. But more than anything, I want you to be there with me, dressed to perfection, smile in place, standing by me, and on time!

Miss Maureen Chinwe Anakwe, will you be my bridesmaid?

Please say Yes!


#RayLivia #2017RaysofLove #McOliviasGirls #McOliviaEvents #AuthorRay #BecomingMrsRay #November2Remember


Special thanks to Studio Bok for my awesome bridesmaids proposal design. Follow on Instagram @studio_bok. They would literally bring your imagination to life with their perfect designs.

This is my personal wedding series 'Becoming Mrs Ray', a Nigerian Girl's Journey from Yes to I do'.  Please feel free to comment and give welcome suggestions. I don't bite but be polite. This series is hosted on my Event Management blog, www.mcoliviaevents.blogpost.com . Subscribe. Comment. Share. Thank You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)