Pamper Your Natural Hair!

Hair-lo lovelies,



It's all coming together pretty great. I'm really catching the Wedding Planning fever. Yesterday was superb and my dream wedding is looking more and more like it'll come true!


In the few months since I've moved to Lagos, I've had to struggle with getting quality care for my natural hair. Turns out there's just about 3 natural hair salons in Lagos. Two on the Island and one on the mainland. And none was anywhere close to me. So I've tried to be my own hair-hero, and that hasn't been easy. Especially since I plan to be a natural hair bride.



Imagine my excitement when I find that this gorgeous Natural Hair Salon was opening right next to me yesterday. I was there first thing in the morning. And I had the time of my life. 


We started by taking out my Twist & Lock, which had gone a little flaky because of the gel in it. 



Then we washed the hair and deep conditioned it. Oh, the water was just warm and it gently seduced my scalp.

                                 

The steamer was exactly what my hair needed to reduce breakage, keep off dandruff and absorb moisture & other deep treatments for stronger healthier hair.



I HATE DRYERS. But this particular dryer was kind to me, it's specially for natural hair and it was cool, not hot.




After that, it was Twist-Time! Gentle hands worked my silky hair all the way to the twirly ends, amidst compliments of my hair volume. The owner of the salon is a darling, very warm and cordial to clients and staff. A true natural hair enthusiast, she put all sorts of natural product in my hair. There was coconut oil, pepper mint, and the best beat shear butter ever! You can check her out on Instagram @opaglamz for healthy hair tips. She gave me the sweetest scalp message. I loved it so much that I know I'll get my Ray to start doing it after the wedding. It's my right! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



The end result. Perfecto! I kept thinking how pleased Ray would be to play with the hair. Lol.





Aha, the only down thing was that I couldn't get strong network signal in there. I had wanted to make live posts while there but that couldn't work. I'm hoping that would be resolved next time I go there. Or I'd just carry my mi-fi along because, return, I surely will.


My favorite things about the place were the serene and properly air-conditioned environment. But even that was nothing compared to the excellent customer service. I'm a sucker for good customer service, the please and thank you's always get me. My hair and I got a Queenly treatment.


And oh, I got the gift promised, a bottle of 100% edible coconut oil, courtesy of Kiki Naturals. 

Since my hair already had coconut oil at the salon, I used some of the one gifted to make some delicious vegetable sauce to go with my unripe plantain. The story of my diet plan is one for another day. And it's all a part of my journey to Becoming Mrs Ray!



My hair and I were pampered at the 'Opaglamz Natural Hair & Make-Up Studio'. I'm definitely going back, & I'll bring all my bridesmaids with me. They're on natural hair as well and we'd surely Shut 'Opaglams Natural Hair & Make-Up Studio' Down for #RayLivia2017.


Take some time out soon to give yourself some well-deserved treat as well. You'll love it.


XOXO,
Your Fairy Wedding Planner,
Mc Olivia.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm almost envious #sobs...but...Naaaahhh! #Flipsweaveandwalksoff
Anonymous said…
And oh? You look beautiful, Liv!
Mc Olivia said…
Thanks a lot darling. @Winifred

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)