Too Much Sauce at The Biggest Geek Event in Africa!

Gossip time!
So it's barely a month to my wedding. Like November is finally around the corner. And my heart beats even faster any time I have to stand next to my man.
So, at the Lagos Comic Con last month, something funny happened.
The event had comic creators from Africa and beyond. There were several activities holding at the same time in different halls. Several exhibitors were present, the gaming pavilion was on fire, artistes were drawing, the virtual reality set was booming. Animations were playing on the big screen. And in some halls, plenary sessions discussed Africa and the dynamics of the creative industry.
I think it was the sight of Children drawing and tracing happily at the Kid Con, that really got me. Seeing these children express their God-given talent was amazing. And knowing they would grow up to meet a vibrant Creative industry had me super thrilled.
At some point, people could barely fit into the large space at the NECA house in Alausa Ikeja. There were thousands of humans, old and young, with wide grins that reached from ear to ear. The air reeked of geeks.
Then there was a costume competition with a #150,000 price money. And the audience was torn by the distinct comic characters that graced the stage. There were even African Super heroes, like father downfall.
On the red carpet, I was interviewing organiser, sponsors and key influencers in the Comic industry who were present at the event.
Then suddenly it was time to interview the Chief Event Coordinator, I started out all proper but I quickly burst into a big giggle and introduced him as my fiance instead. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What's the use of being engaged to a hot guy if you can't flaunt him on camera????
I had heard about his organising skills before, heck he'd organised me in just a few months. But I couldn't stand there and act all formal when I just wanted to throw my arms round him and congratulate him for being part of a team that put together such a brilliant event. I didn't do all that but inside I was jumping.
I was low-key thrilled that the event was over so I could start enjoying my late evening calls again. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Cheers to my ultimate crush @author_ray.
Are you taking interns? I would like to work under you from November. I'm an event manager and would learn a lot under you sir. I can start after my wedding and will be available all hours! 😍😍😍😍😍
P:S - Y'all don't be tripping, I can totally behave myself at your event.
Just don't let my baby come because Ray+McOlivia at an event=Too much sauce.
Comic Con Lagos 2017 was a blast. Between all the attention I got from being Ray's fiancee and the wonderful activities, I'm certainly looking forward to next year already.
More Pictures Coming soon.
#sorrynotsorry #love #raylivia #November2remember #comic #con #lagos #romance #media #proudfiance #hot #BecomingMrsRay #McOlivia #AuthorRay #author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)