Happy Birthday, Le Fiancé!

Ray is a man of faith.

When he first asked me to marry him, I had never met him!
Not once.


He'd seen me on 3 different occasions he came to worship in my church fellowship (N.C.F) while we were both in the University of Nigeria. That was 8 years ago. 
I had never seen him and he didn't ever talk to me then. He just saw me worshiping my God. 
Ray walks by faith and not by sight. Faith in God.

He didn't need to see me again to know he wanted me to be his wife. When it was time to settle down, he believed God and allowed him to lead.
No dating, at all. After 8+ years he first saw me, he proposed. I talked to God about it. God said yes. I said yes! Standard old school love, lol.
Ray believes marriage isn't successful because two people are in love or have dated for a long time and therefore know each other so well (Only God truly knows a man's heart). He believes marriage works when the man and woman are COMMITTED to make it work, among other things. I agree with Ray.



Here's to the man I loved before I ever set my eyes on him, my sugar banana, gist buddy, bible teacher and business partner. Your faith challenges me daily and I'm learning to trust the leading of the holy spirit even more. I've seen you do great things by faith and absolute trust in God. I love you more than love knows.

Happy birthday Sir. Your faith will move mountains this year!

P:S- Last month we went back to UNN, and went to worship in that same fellowship, NCF. I turned at a point to look at my fiancé and he was lost in worship, lifting up holy hands to the God of love. 



In that moment, I was completely overwhelmed by the Faithfulness of God. This God that knows the end from the beginning, that continued to keep us, order our footsteps and eventually cause us to find each other when the time was right, irrespective of time and distance. This God who is the sure foundation of our relationship. The God in whom I have absolute faith. The God who will bless my fiancé on his birthday and every other day!

#RayLivia #2017RaysofLove #McOlivia #Love #GodlyRelationship #FianceofLife #Birthdayboy #OldSchoolLove

















N:B- This is my personal wedding series, Becoming Mrs Ray, a Nigerian girl's journey 'From Yes to I Do'. Please feel free to comment and give your welcome suggestions, I don't bite but be polite. This series is hosted on my event management blog, McOlivia Events.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is just beautiful.
Kachi said…
Jealousy dey kill me ooooo. Chia, see love oooo. All these love you are sharing, oya where is my own. You go church and you dey look love with eye.. you wan may angel stab that your lustful eyes bah?
So Ray snatch my crush.. and i bin know this Ray oo. The guy just push through while i bin dey count toes. Cant a man be timid again eh? Chai..
Congratulations Mr. Faith Ray. Happy birthday. You have earned the greatest prize in the world. The love of a woman like McOlivia.. my super crush till infinity.. I will not stop crushing ooo. I will just censor my crushing.. hehehehe
Dinma Ubaka said…
Awwww, how sweet,!
The words were so original from a heart that has yielded to give it's best to make the most out of everything lovely in this relationship.
Dear Ray, I know you value this, keep them in ur heart, they would warm u up during cold seasons!
have the most wonderful birthday ever full of love from ur Livia and warm wishes from friends like me,!
Keep my cake mbok. ����
Unknown said…
Awww, thanks a lot, dear Peppy. Subscribe to the blog for more beautiful posts then. Happy pretty girl.
Unknown said…
Chai, you are just something else Kachi. Thanks for the good wishes. Make jealousy no kill you o, your own bae will soon manifest. I'll be here to mc your wedding. Lol.
Unknown said…
Dinma, your words are so kind. Thanks a lot my dear friend. I thank God for the overflowing love he's blessed us with. And my beau sure values what he's got. lol. Your cake will be extra large at the wedding nne.
Unknown said…
Eddy, I see you. Thanks dear.
Unknown said…
Thanks Shawdow.
Ray Anyasi said…
Dinma, for sure I value these words and even more so the jewel who wrote them. Thanks for your kindness.

Kachi, my guy. You are no longer allowed to crush on my boo. Sorry bro.

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)