I Have Waited so Long to Say to You 'Be My Maid of Honor, Amaka'




My Rii,

Thank you for so many years of unparalleled friendship.

No one has come as close as you. You have taught me the true meaning of sisterhood. We have learnt so much together and there is no adventure that you have not been a part of.

It happened so fast. One moment, we’re enjoying curry noodles and egg in that tiny room we happily shared for a whole year in the University and the next I’m getting married. It all really happened so fast, the days we would come back tired from fellowship and set alarms to wake and read in the middle of the night, oh how you were such a pest those nights, relentlessly calling till I joined you. But I finally learnt to wake up and do what must be done. Oh, Ray’s definitely a big wake-up!
I’m writing this, right now, in the quiet of the night.

This night, I want to tell you how much I’ve looked forward to having you with me on my wedding day. We often joked about it in our single days but it’s really happening and a part of me misses you already. I know that’s probably silly but it’s true. You have affected me beyond words. And I thank God for sending such an angel in the form of my best friend.

There are so many plans to make, several dresses to choose from, too many appointments to meet and I still have to keep my prayer life 100. I can’t do this all by myself babe. You’ve been my accountability partner for so long and as much as I’m happy that I’m getting married to the best man I know, I can’t help but feel like you’d be proudest, knowing you’ve helped me stay away from bad  gangs all these years. God has really been faithful to us!

I’m really blessed to have you in my life. You’re so strong. You must know how much you mean to me, how you continue to inspire me and how proud you make me.
My dear, there’s only one way I’d pull off a superb wedding. It’s with you, giving me the full dose of your support and being as patient with me on my wedding day as you always are. The last post I made about how to be a Maid of Honor made it very clear you’re the only girl for this. http://mcoliviaevents.blogspot.com.ng/2017/08/how-to-be-maid-of-honor-101.html

Amaka, I have waited so long for the day I get to say this to you,

Will you be my Maid of Honor?

Please say Yes!


#RayLivia #2017RaysofLove #McOliviasGirls #McOliviaEvents #AuthorRay #BecomingMrsRay #November2Remember

Special thanks to Studio Bok for my awesome Maid of Honor’s proposal design. Follow on Instagram @studio_bok. They would literally bring your imagination to life with their perfect designs.


This is my personal wedding series 'Becoming Mrs Ray', a Nigerian Girl's Journey from Yes to I do'.  Please feel free to comment and give welcome suggestions. I don't bite but be polite. This series is hosted on my Event Management blog, www.mcoliviaevents.blogpost.com . Subscribe. Comment. Share. Thank You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)