Will you Be My Bridesmaid Esi? I want to 'Sabi Cook' your Ghanaian Wakye.

Esi,

I did not know why I was drawn to you at first. Then came our creative night at the President Obama Young African Leaders Initiative at GIMPA. That night, as you shook the entire room with war cries and led our great army of men, delivering us into great victory, my eyes were opened.

In directing the story of Nana Yaa Asantewaa of the Ashanti Empire, it was clear to me that we needed a unique character. You appeared an unlikely choice for a Warrior Queen Mother because you were the smallest in our Rokel River group, but I dare say you are the bravest.

It was on that day while thunderous ovation rent the air after our performance that I really took interest in you. And in following the work you fearlessly do for the true freedom of Young African Girls, I have come to know that you are indeed the Nana Yaa Asantewaa of our time, hero of the Girl Child.

It's exactly one year since I met you in your beautiful home country, Ghana. In that time, I have seen you take on controversial issues, and even tell of your bloody experiences in support of the African Woman. The best part is that while I may not agree with all your feminist dispositions, I can't help but love and respect you Esi.

You are fearlessly you! Smart, Beautiful, and Compassionate.

I'm so privileged to have you in my life. Me do woo paa! Ma fe wo! I know my Twi is getting rusty. But as much as I miss Shitor, it is really you that I miss more. My GIMPA neighbor.

Come and taste our Nigerian Jollof and put an end to this long Ghana/Nigerian Jollof war. Lol.

I want to 'sabi cook' Wakye for my boo, Ray! Teach me please.😍😍😍😍😍. It would be such a delight to have you with me in Nigeria on my special day.

Esi Prah, will you be my bridesmaid?

Please say Yes!

#RayLivia #2017RaysofLove #McOliviasGirls #McOliviaEvents #AuthorRay #BecomingMrsRay #November2Remember

Special thanks to Studio Bok for my awesome bridesmaids proposal design. Follow on Instagram @studio_bok. They would literally bring your imagination to life with their perfect designs.

This is my personal wedding series 'Becoming Mrs Ray', a Nigerian Girl's Journey from Yes to I do'.  Please feel free to comment and give welcome suggestions. I don't bite but be polite. This series is hosted on my Event Management blog, www.mcoliviaevents.blogpost.com . Subscribe. Comment. Share. Thank You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)