Will you be my bridesmaid Ruky? Be there with me as I start my journey into 'happy ever after'.

Dearest Ruky,

Something happened recently and my reaction made me so proud, then I realized that in our friendship, I silently learnt a lot about everything, from being a great broadcast journalist to saying NO.

One of my favorite memories of us was an incident that occurred three years ago. On the phone one weekend, you mentioned you were bored. I was trying to be Super Woman so I dressed up, got in a cab and appeared at your doorstep less than an hour later. My plan was simple, surprise you with a movie hang out. Turned out you were more tired than bored. And I was honestly confused, how could someone be bored and tired at once. Sigh.

We didn't go to the movies, I didn't go to the movies. My dreams of being Super Woman, shattered. Lol. It was a boring weekend, for me and for you.

But I didn't stop loving you. And it didn't hurt our friendship. That taught me something about friendship and love. We don't love when it's convenient or when the fire burns bright blue, we love because we choose to. And it also taught me that it's ok to say no because it won't change a thing if the love is genuine.

That was the beginning of our beautiful friendship. Between the times you would cue songs for my own show after your radio show and the few Sundays we enjoyed 'fish stews' at the office #wink, I've found you to be an honest and reliable friend. Your selfless support during the 'Everybody Deserves a Merry Christmas' project for the less privilege children is one reason the project has continued to grow over the years.  You're there for me when it matters most. And I appreciate that, a lot.

Early in January when we met at the airport and I told you I found someone, you laughed and said you wouldn't believe me till I set a date and you were at the wedding watching me say I do. I know I slip away easily but Ray finally figured out a way to make me stay. He makes me so happy.

Don't take my word for it, be there with me as I start my journey into 'happy ever after'.

This may not have been what you had in mind when you said you would help me have a great wedding, but this would mean the most to me.

Will you be my bridesmaid, Ruky?

Please say Yes!




#RayLivia #2017RaysofLove #McOliviasGirls #McOliviaEvents #AuthorRay

Special thanks to Studio Bok for my awesome bridesmaids proposal design. Follow on Instagram @studio_bok. They would literally bring your imagination to life with their perfect designs.

This is my personal wedding series 'Becoming Mrs Ray, a Nigerian Girl's Journey from Yes to I do'.  Please feel free to comment and give welcome suggestions. I don't bite but be polite. This series is hosted on my Event Management blog, www.mcoliviaevents.blogpost.com . Subscribe. Comment. Share. Thank You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Naija & Foreign Wedding Songs

Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)

More Pictures from McOlivia & Ray Anyasi's Traditional Marriage in Udi (#Uchedimma2017)